Thursday, December 14, 2017

Dec. 14– Share a favorite memory from the Murray Family Christmas

Dec. 14– Share a favorite memory from the Murray Family Christmas.

I'm posting again on behalf of Sue.

I think my favorite Christmas memory was the first time (or was it the only time?) we did the manger scene out in the little shed.  Our kids were still pretty little and I think it made an impression on them - I know it did on me.  (you can see Sue's script on the left edge of the first pic)   
Yes, we've still got those bed-sheet robes...anybody want them? 😕 (Note from Sue, I did throw these away just recently)

Some of my fond memories are after we stop having Christmas Eve at Grandpa and Grandma Leishman's mom would take us sleigh riding (Probably to wear us out).  She really liked to sleigh ride.  One of my favorite memories is "The naughty and nice list" because I would ask family members for input and it was interesting what they came up with.  Mom was always a good sport as she was on it every year.  Also, I just remember when I was young how beautiful I thought the tree was, even though it was nailed to the floor, and had lights that could burn your hand.  I remember mom would always keep the lights on all night on Christmas Eve and I thought that was so neat.  I also, remember the hard candy (ugh) she bought, I think dad must have liked it because I don't think anyone else did.  Mom I think really did love Christmas, because she had to shop for a lot of people and she made candy, gingerbread cookies, and fruitcake and she never seemed like she was stressed (at least I don't remember).  I think mom really did make Christmas special.
 



11 comments:

  1. lots of photo's and video's on the FB page. The comments are transferred here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Ashlee Kae Murray
    December 14, 2017 at 10:20pm ·
    tag
    Add Topics
    This is my favorite Murray Christmas! Always a great idea to be on Amanda Shelton team! (A video of the 12 days of Christmas on Christmas eve)

    ReplyDelete


  4. Janice Murray Nelson
    December 14, 2017 at 5:03pm ·
    tag
    Add Topics
    My favorite thing from the Murray Family Christmas party is the games that we play. Andrew said his is making up our own Twelve Days of Christmas song and Matt said his is the Naughty/Nice list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joshua Nelson ---And my favorite is Matt and Grandma getting on the naughty list every year.

      Delete
    2. Janice Murray Nelson --- He'll be in it again this year

      Delete
  5. Rachel Shelton Anderson
    December 14, 2017 at 8:31pm ·
    tag
    Add Topics
    I loved drawing names and seeing the presents that everyone got! I also have loved the naughty and nice list from the more recent parties

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kilee Lindley Nilsson
    December 14, 2017 at 8:14pm ·
    tag
    Add Topics
    I of course loved drawing names, playing all our games, the nativities in the barn, and of course the Christmas candy!!!!

    ReplyDelete


  7. Karen Lyle
    December 14, 2017 at 7:36pm ·
    tag
    Add Topics
    What I remember is the joy on the children's faces as they opened their gifts. Most of them couldn't wait for their turn, they would be bursting at the seams, especially Nic.

    ReplyDelete


  8. Nedra Murray Lindley
    December 14, 2017 at 7:27pm ·
    tag
    Add Topics
    My favorite memories are from when we drew names and all the little kids were so excited and would always be asking if it was time yet to open the presents - always trying to sneak candy as we left for the barn Mom didn’t let us eat the candy like she did as we got older we would sneak it back then and then the memories of making it with Mom the last couple of years ❤️

    ReplyDelete


  9. Konie Murray
    December 14, 2017 at 8:40am ·



    Murray Family Light the World
    Day 14 - Share on the blog/FB/etc a favorite memory from the Murray Family Christmas.
    Attending Rena's Family Christmas party each year. She loved her family, spending time with them and all the traditions they kept as a family. (#johnandrenamurrayfamily #murrayfamily2017 #yesdeniseIdidrecordthis

    ReplyDelete